A visit to Cragfont is a step into the past, combining both cultural and architectural history. Started in 1798 and completed in 1802 by General James Winchester, Cragfont was the finest mansion house on the Tennessee frontier. The house typified the grandeur and style of the best of the late Georgian period homes. General Winchester, who was a close friend of Andrew Jackson, named his mansion “Cragfont” as it stood on a rocky bluff with a spring at its base.
Tour Availability: Cragfont is open to the public annually from April 15 – November 1 from 10am-4pm Tuesdays – Saturdays (1pm-4pm on Sundays). Appointments must be made in advance to view the house outside of regular operating hours.
Admission: $5/adults, $4/seniors (55+), $3/children (age 6-12). Group rates are available.
Special Events at Cragfont
Handmade Harvest Vintage Farm Fair – 1st weekend in October
Address: 200 Cragfont Rd, Castalian Springs, TN 37031
Phone: (615) 452-7070